Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had these at a girlfriends bridal shower and I just had to get the recipe from her sister, these are the tastiest little things. I could have eaten half the tray myself! Great little party snack or appetizer!
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper jelly
- 3 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, lettuce, cheddar cheese, green onions and red pepper.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, and red pepper jelly on low speed of electric mixer.
- Spread 1/3 cream cheese mixture over one side of tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 chicken mixture, leaving 1/2 inch border at top just covered with cream cheese mixture (so you can seal it closed.) Roll up tightly, jelly roll style.
- Wrap tortilla roll in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Trim off the ends and cut each roll into 8 slices, serve cold.
These are so, so good! I've made other "pinwheels", but these are our favorites thus far. The red pepper jelly is a MUST. And I did add a little extra per some of the other reviews -- I might even "pump" it up a little more the next time. I wished I could "master" the technique of wrapping the pinwheels tighter! I thought I had them really tight, but when I cut them, they weren't as tight as I had wanted. But they held their shape ok -- so I guess I shouldn't complain. All do NOT omit the lettuce, it's really important. One thing that I will be sure and change the next time is to at least DOUBLE THE RECIPE!!!! You sure can't eat just one pinwheel. (And I placed the chicken in my small food processor and chopped it that way -- it was the perfect consistency). Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I made these last night and ate one as a wrap. Delicious! I had a little bit of the veggie/chicken filling left, but I'm going to use it in soft tacos. I love pepper jelly on top of a block of cream cheese with crackers, so I knew I would like this. I don't give five stars unless a recipe makes me go, "MMM-MMM" as I'm eating it. The whole time I was eating these, that's exactly what I did. I can't wait to have another for lunch today. Thank you for the recipe!
I made these yesterday for a backyard party we had for 30 people and several people asked me for the recipe. I could not find the red pepper jelly at my supermarket so substituted it with BBQ sauce and it worked out just fine. Thanks, Rhonda!