Recipe by FloridaGrl
This is an easy to make, great tasting Taco Salad that my family loves.
Top Review by AmyZoe
Good stuff! I threw in 16 oz of kidney beans with it because I can't imagine a taco salad without beans. I found this recipe in Taste of Home Cooking Through The Seasons. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat, cook the turkey,onion and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper;cook for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Remove from the heat;stir in cilantro.
- Divide romaine among four plates;top each with 3/4 cup turkey mixture,2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa.