Recipe by CIndytc
Got this recipe from Taste of Home Pasta magazine...Have not tried it yet, but putting here so when I want to make it I can find it easy...
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 lbs fresh tomatoes or 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (up to 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add oil and onions to drippings; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tarragon, salt, pepper and cayenne; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Add parsley to the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.