Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Although quick and easy, this is elegant and very tasty. This recipe appeared in our local newspaper recently as coming from the Campbell Kitchens.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 lb fresh large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add celery, green pepper and green onions and cook until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until done.
- Add soup, water and cayenne pepper and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
What a nice change-of-pace way to serve shrimp. We loved it! I never would have thought of using Cream of Chicken soup, but it made a great sauce...perfect over rice. It doesn't get much easier than this to make a great meal ANOTHER great recipe, Tweeky!!! :-)
This is an easy delicious recipe. However, I always use Cream of Shrimp soup. For a healthier option on the rice, I use pre-cooked, canned wild rice mixed with prepared instant brown rice. Canned wild rice is found in the rice/pasta grocery aisle. Next time I'm craving this recipe and am out of Cream of Shrimp, I will try the Cream of Chicken.
I could only get cooked shrimp. I simply added it with everything else and just warmed them up. Turned out great and was terrific over rice.