Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is quick, easy and always a hit in my family. I use the fresh roasted chicken that is sold in my local grocery store or Costco.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup lo mein noodles, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 roasted chicken, cut off the bone and into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large pot combine the broth, thyme, garlic powder, lemon juice, bay leaf, carrots, celery and onion.
- Bring to a boil and add noodles, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
Got to use some of my pre-made chicken broth for this recipe, & of course that added to the great taste! And, since there was garlic & lemon juice included, I also substituted lemon pepper for the S&P! My other half, who is still in the clutches of a sore throat, loved it, as did I! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]