Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cream Cheese is the secret to this "delish" banana bread. This is my own recipe based on a zucchini bread recipe my mom gave me
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup kashi golean crunch cereal
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups king arthur white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large bananas, smashed
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F, spray 2 large loaf pans with Pam for Baking.
- Mix Egg Beaters, applesauce, sugar, oil, cereals, vanilla and water in mixer. Beat on low speed 3 minutes then let rest for a couple of minutes. Beat in cream cheese on low speed.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg with a whisk.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture on low speed. When combined add bananas and walnuts, mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans, bake at 350°F for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.