Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of a Mr. Food cookbook and it's delicious, cheesy, and so rich. We love it at our house!
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise (no miracle whip)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (we use more)
- 1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large bowl combine cheeses, mayonnaise, and garlic powder.
- Spread mixture on both sides of bread and broil for a few minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- *Feel free to add any extras to this like herbs or spices, tomatoes, pesto -- *.
Very good. I was a bit skeptical about the mayo but made the recipe as written and everyone loved it.
Very very nice!!! Made to go with spaghetti and meatballs, my husband initially thought the taste a little sharp, but when it 'settled', he loved it. He is not much of a mayo lover, I think that that was the issue. The rest of us just loved it! Quick and easy to prepare, made a lovely Friday night supper!
This is an excellent bread that goes with different meals. I served this with grilled steak and a large salad. It was a hit with the whole family. Will be making again for family meals.