Recipe by mozarth622
This recipe is appreciated by most because it's so different than most. The exotic taste surprises many, and the mixture of honey, orange and spices makes it a real delight. This is the result of my many experiments.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika (Hungarian)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 orange, zest of, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the red pepper strips in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch oven proof dish and deposit the breasts on top.
- In a bowl mix orange juice, lemon juice, paprika, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; lay mixture over chicken.
- Put dish in preheated oven at 350°F for 45-55 minutes; baste it from time to time.
- Take out the chicken.
- Drain it well; keep aside in a warm dish.
- Mix corn starch and water, on stove top. Bring to a boil the juice; pour in the cornstarch little by little until you get the desire thickness (about like half and half or thicker).
- Dress the plate with 1 breast and a few pepper strips.
- Cover with sauce and orange zest on top.
- This can be served with some rice on the side.