Citrus Barbecued Chicken Breasts
photo by MsSally
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs.)
- Mix barbecue sauce, orange juice, orange peel together.
- Reserve 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture into shallow dish.
- Add chicken to sauce mixture; turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Drain and discard marinate.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium coals.
- Grill 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through (160 degrees), turning and brushing with reserved sauce mixture halfway through grilling time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was some super yummy chicken! My son, who is 7, had a friend stay for dinner and both their plates were clean. The friend went home and told his grandma that the chicken was better than anything she ever made.....lol! I used Sweet Baby Ray's for the barbecue sauce and seasoned my chicken with some Emeril's Essence and pepper before putting it in the marinade. Served with baked potatoes and a green salad. I can see that I will be craving this chicken again soon! I think it would be tasty brushed on salmon also. I loved the orange flavor, you could taste it but it wasn't too orange-y, so good! Thank you so much for sharing .
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>