Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy, delicious starter. It is warm, so especially good for winter get-togethers. I prefer crackers to chips or nachos to serve with the dip. The source is the wife of a friend. It was the speciality of her husband's ex-girlfriend. The recipe lasted longer than she did!
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (in this recipe, commercial mayo works best)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (Use more garlic if you like it)
- Mash artichokes and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spread in greased, shallow, ovenproof dish and bake for 10 minutes in 350 F oven or until bubbly.
The only thing I changed was that I pretty much halved the mayo and added 1 cup of shredded mozzarella. I didn't have the lemon juice, but I'm sure it would have tasted good.
I have made something very similar to this one, only...I use 1 garlic and a dash of lemon juice. I got my recipe from the Best of Bridge series. Excllent.
This is great! I used about a cup of Parmesan, love the stringy texture when heated. Thanks for posting. =)