Recipe by hannahk87
This recipe is something I like to make for a large group and everyone falls in love. No one misses dinner at my house when I make these.
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 lb hamburger (or Chicken chopped small, not canned)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, unseasoned
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded mex cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brown meat and onion and drain.
- Add taco seasoning as directed but go light on the water.
- Add the salsa now.
- Simmer as directed on seasoning.
- Add cheese and beans, stir until well blended and set aside.
- Boil the water in sauce pan and pour over bullion cubes in measuring cup and stir to help disolve.
- Melt butter in same sauce pan over medium heat and then add flour.
- Use whisk to mix and then pour in bullion water.
- Keep stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and mix in cheese, sour cream, and chilis.
- Let sit while you roll filler into tortillas and place in greased 9x13 pan.
- Pour cheese sauce over enchilladas.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- I usually double this batch and whatever meat/bean stuff I have left over after I've filled the pan, we use as dip with chips.