Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Living on the coast we are sometimes forced to evacuate during hurricane season. Put this salad in a covered bowl and throw it in the cooler. It's an entire meal in one bowl and it's easy to serve. Dish it up into a cup and you can eat it in the car, camper or motel room in our case! That's why we call it "Evacuation Tuna & Pasta Salad"!
- 3 cups rotelle pasta, cooked rinsed & drained (pasta shells or elbow macaroni works well too!)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained & flaked
- 3⁄4 cup of shredded 4 blend Mexican blend cheese or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, sold in a jar or you can roast your own
- 1 (8 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt (we feel salt isn't needed)
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix together.
Very good salad! I used miracle whip, so didn't add the sugar. I added 1/2 of a chopped bell pepper, I used peas instead lima beans and I used the juice of a whole lemon. This will be made again and again. I usually did my tuna pasta like this, but never added eggs before or paprika. EXCELLENT!
Tasty tasty!! Thank you for posting :D
I omitted the eggs and the red peppers and doubled the seasoning, but this just seemed bland to me.