Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
This is a unique way to enjoy sweet potatoes, and get an added bonus of fruit as well. This recipe comes from the recipe collection of Ethel Eynard. Jefferson City, MO. 2004.
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cooking apples, sliced, cored and peeled (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of each of the sweet potatoes and apples, in an 8-inch square baking dish. Combine sugar, cinnamon, white pepper; sprinkle half of mixture over potatoes and apples. Drizzle with half of margarine. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Cover casserole and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.