Recipe by Annacia
Alright, I'll admit it, I have a thing for biscotti and a special thing for coffee biscotti. These make very nice gifts at Holiday time packaged in or with a latte mug :D
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder, fine ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated orange zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup natural almonds, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the all-purpose flour, ground espresso powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt and orange zest.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla. Add all at once to the dry ingredients and beat until a dough is formed.
- Stir in the toasted chopped almonds.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead it into a ball.
- Halve it and form each half into a log 12 inches by 2 inches.
- Arrange the logs on a buttered and floured baking sheet approximately 3 inches apart.
- Bake the logs in the middle of oven for 35 minutes or until they are lightly browned and firm all over.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- On a cutting board, cut the logs diagonally into slices one inch thick.
- Position the slices on baking sheet and return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes on each side or until golden throughout.