Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A spinach side dish from the Catalan region in Spain. Strong Moorish influences! Whatever you do, DO NOT overcook the spinach! From Jose Andres Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America. Love Jose's recipes!
- *NOTE: Original recipe specified a golden delicious apple. However any apple variety that holds its shape well for baking will work in this recipe: Rome beauty, braeburn, gala, for example.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high flame.
- When the oil is very hot, add the apple cubes and cook until they are lightly browned; about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts and cook until they are lightly browned; about 20-30 seconds. Watch pan carefully as the pine nuts can burn quite easily! *Constantly stir the nuts to avoid burning.*.
- Add the raisins and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir together. Add the spinach and sauté very fast until it just starts to wilt; about another 20-30 seconds.
- Now remove the pan from the heat; the spinach will continue to wilt off the heat.
- Add salt to taste, and serve immediately.
Great spinach recipe! I usually prepare spinach with more savory ingredients so this was different for us but we really enjoyed it. Quick to make too which is always a plus. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
Fantastic! The apple, nuts and raisins make you forget your eating spinach. Made as written using a Gravenstein apple. Thanks for a healthy, yet very yummy post.
I really enjoyed this recipe! I have always liked the combo of spinach and raisins so I knew I would like this. I used a Gala apple. Very fast, easy and healthy! Made for ZWT5.