1/6 Photos of Espinaca a La Catalan (Catalan-Style Spinach)
A spinach side dish from the Catalan region in Spain. Strong Moorish influences! Whatever you do, DO NOT overcook the spinach! From Jose Andres Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America. Love Jose's recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*NOTE: Original recipe specified a golden delicious apple. However any apple variety that holds its shape well for baking will work in this recipe: Rome beauty, braeburn, gala, for example.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high flame.
- 3When the oil is very hot, add the apple cubes and cook until they are lightly browned; about 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add the pine nuts and cook until they are lightly browned; about 20-30 seconds. Watch pan carefully as the pine nuts can burn quite easily! *Constantly stir the nuts to avoid burning.*.
- 5Add the raisins and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir together. Add the spinach and sauté very fast until it just starts to wilt; about another 20-30 seconds.
- 6Now remove the pan from the heat; the spinach will continue to wilt off the heat.
- 7Add salt to taste, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Espinaca a La Catalan (Catalan-Style Spinach)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 348.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g