Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple - yet yummy - cookies for young children to make on a hot day! This recipe is from a cookbook my little sis got as a birthday gift more than few years ago! I have been searching for this for 35 years.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add water, cocoa, vanilla and oats.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Pour powdered sugar in dish.
- Roll walnut-sized bits of dough into balls, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Store cookies in fridge.
These are really good and simple to make, esp in a pinch.
These are very yummy cookies. I've made these a gazillion times and these have always been a hit!
I had never heard of these until my husband asked if I could make them. It brought back such wonderful memories for him. He absolutely loved them. Thanks for posting!