Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A hardy soup adapted from a friend's Lenten Lunch SoupRecipe.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (46 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- Brown sausage in dutche oven over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and then add chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add escarole and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cannelini beans and simmer additional 15 minutes.
- Cook bow tie pasta according to directions on the package and drain. Add to individual bowls and pour soup over when ready. (Pasta tends to get mushy if added to the pot or used as lewftovers.).