Recipe by Erv Kosch
This is a simple red sauce with hunks of vegetables. I modified and old recipe I had to make it Weight Watcher friendly.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes, Seeded and Diced
- 1 medium carrot, Diced
- 1 celery, Diced
- 2 garlic cloves, Diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce page use the Olive Oil to saute the Roma Tomatoes, Carrot, Celery, and Garlic for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients into the sauce pan and simmer on low for at least 15 minutes to give the spices time to integrate.
- If the sauce it too acidic add more Salt and Splenda. If the sauce is too bland try adding more Salt and Paprika first. Allow the sauce to simmer for at least 5 minutes before taste testing again.