Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this recipe because it's simple and quick it also goes great for the base of Pecan Bars and also Lemon Meringue Bars. I got it from a good friend of mine and have used it ever since
- 1 1⁄4 lbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until light, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and the vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased pie pan. (Should make 2 8" pie pans full.).
- It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- Precut the dough into pie pieces and decorate how you want it.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until light yellow and a little brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool.