Recipe by Sharlene~W
A simple bar cookie with nuts pressed into the top.
Top Review by laura riihi
thank you so much!!!! I have been looking high and low for this recipe for years. It makes me so happy to get it again. This has to be one of the best cookies in the world!!! It is so easy to make, do not change a thing this is true prefection!
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves or 1 cup walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl with a mixer, beat butter with sugar until smoothly blended.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Add flour to butter mixture.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Evenly press dough into buttered and floured 10- by 15-inch pan.
- In a bowl with a fork, beat egg white to blend.
- Spread over dough with pastry brush.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over dough, then press them in.
- Bake in a 275° F oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Cut while hot into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Use a small spatula to lift from pan.
- Let cool.
- Serve or store airtight up to 4 days, or freeze to store longer.