Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
In 'The Muffin Tin Cookbook' by Brette Sember; posted by request
- 3 whole wheat English muffins
- 3 uncooked breakfast sausage links, casings removed
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion, chopped, green part only
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°, and prepare 8 regular muffin cups with foil or silicone liners, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Tear the English muffins into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and completely combine (you may want to use your hands for this).
- Divide among muffin cups, and bake for 20-22 minutes, until set and slightly browned.