English Muffin French Toast!
From British Foods Downunder site. Also enjoyed in New England!
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg plus 2 egg whites)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 English muffins
- butter (or nonstick cooking spray)
- warm pure maple syrup
- Whisk eggs in small bowl until frothy. Add milk, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk well. Transfer to shallow dish. (Can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered airtight, for as long as 3 days.).
- To cook, open English muffins; place in milk mixture, cut-side down, for about 4 minutes. Turn and soak 1 minute more.
- Heat greased nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, cook muffins, cut-side down, until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn, brown other side, about 3 minutes more.
- Can be kept warm in 200 degree oven while cooking remaining muffins. Serve hot with warm maple syrup passed separately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION