Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these for years and just decided I wanted to post it as a recipe for others to enjoy. These scones are slightly sweet and make a wonderful breakfast quick bread or are fabulous for a High Tea!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter (Cold)
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut cold Butter into small slices and blend with the flour mixture until the flour mixture is crumbly looking.
- Add in the Whipping cream and stir.
- On a floured surface, gently knead dough 5 or 6 times.
- Cut dough in half.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press each half into an 8inch circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges each but do not separate.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.