Recipe Baroness's Note:
I have been making these for years and just decided I wanted to post it as a recipe for others to enjoy. These scones are slightly sweet and make a wonderful breakfast quick bread or are fabulous for a High Tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- 3Using a pastry blender or fork, cut cold Butter into small slices and blend with the flour mixture until the flour mixture is crumbly looking.
- 4Add in the Whipping cream and stir.
- 5On a floured surface, gently knead dough 5 or 6 times.
- 6Cut dough in half.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press each half into an 8inch circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges each but do not separate.
- 8Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Cream Tea Scones
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g