Recipe by KathyP53
These are SO easy and so fun to serve at parties! They are a big hit, even with guys! From Paula Deen.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
Oh my gosh I'm in party sandwich heaven!!! Keep these away from me before I gain 10 lbs. EVERYONE at our baby shower LOVED them, so I had to come home, print 40 copies of the recipe and distribute them!! The taste of these ingredients all meld together for a wonderful tea sandwich. I'm SO glad I found this and will be using it over and over again. Thank you so much for sharing!!!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced green olives
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 loaf soft white bread, crusts removed (I used Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 loaf soft whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cooked bacon, pieces for garnish
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Split into 4 approximately 4 oz. portions and put into separate bowls.
- Combine pineapple and 4 oz. cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine green olives and 4 oz. cream cheese and set aside. Combine cucumbers and 4 oz. cream cheese mixture and set aside (I sprinkled chopped cucumber with salt and drained it over a colander for 30 minutes and patted it with a paper towel before adding it to cream cheese). Combine pecans and 4 oz. of cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread fillings on top of white bread slices. Cut each sandwich into triangles, squares or circles. Arrange on a large platter by filling. Garnish with parsley, bacon pieces, poppy seeds, or pecans.