Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe. It sounds so pretty.
- 6 heads Belgian endive (medium-sized)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces dried tomatoes, in oil (chop)
- 1 basil leaves or 1 watercress
- ABOUT 30 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING OR EARLY IN DAY: Separate leaves from heads of Belgiam endive (you should be able to get 6 pretty leaves from each endive).
- Reserve small leaves and centers for salad another day.
- Rinse leaves under running cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in milk until blended.
- With spoon, stir in chopped dried tomatoes.
- Spoon cream-cheese filling into decorating bag with large rosette tube.
- Place a basil leaf or small watercress sprig on each endive leaf.
- Pipe some filling onto basil on wide end of each endive leaf.
- Arrange endive leaves on platter; garnish platter with flower.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.