Recipe by Mommy of Five
These layered enchiladas are filling and delicious. I also make a version of these for my kids that are cheese without the meat.
- 1 lb ground sirloin or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion or 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon taco bell taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 12 ounces hot water
- 18 corn tortillas
- 6 -8 cups cheese (cheddar & montery jack)
- taco seasoning mix, remainder of packet for cheese
- 6 -8 cups recipezaar delicious enchilada sauce (Honey Muffins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, add ground sirloin, minced onions, 1 T. taco seasoning mix, greek seasoning and hot water.
- Stir well and cook over medium high heat until no pink remains. Approximately 10 minutes.
- While meat is cooking place cheeses in a ziploc bag and add remainder of taco seasoning packet and shake until well mixed.
- Drain meat and set aside.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- Place 6 corn tortillas in bottom of dish.
- Cover with more enchilada sauce.
- Add layer of meat, then cheese.
- Layer corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, meat and cheese.
- Last layer corn tortillas, enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in 375 degree oven.
- for 45 minutes to an hour. Uncover last 5 minutes of baking.
- Place on cooling rack and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.