1/1 Photo of Empty Tomb Cookies
8 hrs 30 mins
Make these on Easter Eve, right before bedtime for the kiddies. Preheat the oven to 300--this is VERY important! Read the corresponding Bible passage while adding the necessary ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees--you MUST do it now. Also, gather a cooking mallet, kitchen mixer, masking tape and Bible.
- 2Read John 19:1-3 ~ Jesus was beaten for our sins; beat the nuts with a cooking mallet; set aside.
- 3Read John 19:28-30 - Jesus drank something like vinegar (gall), sniff the fragrance, dip finger in and taste, too; place the vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- 4Read John 10:10-11 - Egg whites symbolize Jesus' holy, innocent life; add whites to the bowl with the vinegar.
- 5Read Luke 23:27 - the bitter tears of the women; taste a few grains, remember your own sins; add the salt to the bowl.
- 6Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16 - Sweet salvation! Taste and see; add to the bowl.
- 7Crank up the mixer and let it go while you read from Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3; let the mixer go for about 12-15 MINUTES; this needs to be VERY stiff!
- 8Read Matthew 27:57-60 - Fold the nuts into the egg-sugar mixture; this symbolizes the rocks in the garden.
- 9Using a scoop or knife & spoon, drop by spoon into mounds (to resemble a rocky tomb); put into the oven and turn it OFF!
- 10Read Matthew 27:65-66 - The tomb is sealed; use two pieces of tape (5-6 inches long) to "seal" the door edges (symbolically).
- 11Read John 16:20 & 22 - Consider these passages, then go to bed!
- 12NEXT MORNING: Read Matthew 28:1-9 - Jesus is risen! Behold--the empty tomb! Unseal the oven door, take out the cookies, break or bite one in half -- it should be hollow inside---empty---just like the Tomb!
- 13He is risen! He is risen indeed! Hallelujah!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empty Tomb Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g