1 hr 5 mins
I first had Cream of Garlic Soup in New Orleans and fell in love with the smooth mild taste, so I was ecstatic when Emeril did this on his show one day and even more when my husband agreed to try it. This is a favorite with family and friends now. Even my friend's 18 month old granddaughter couldn't get enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- 2When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, crushed bay leaf and crushed red pepper.
- 3Season with salt.
- 4Saute until slightly caramelized, about 6-8 minutes.
- 5Stir in the stock.
- 6Bring the liquid up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 7Turn the heat up and whisk in the bread and cream.
- 8Continue whisking until the bread has dissolved into the soup, about 10 minutes.
- 9With a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- 10Whisk in the cheese.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Ladle into individual soup bowls and serve.
- 13Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Garlicky Bread Soup
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.9
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 970.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g