Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I first had Cream of Garlic Soup in New Orleans and fell in love with the smooth mild taste, so I was ecstatic when Emeril did this on his show one day and even more when my husband agreed to try it. This is a favorite with family and friends now. Even my friend's 18 month old granddaughter couldn't get enough.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic, crushed bay leaf and crushed red pepper.
- Season with salt.
- Saute until slightly caramelized, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the stock.
- Bring the liquid up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and whisk in the bread and cream.
- Continue whisking until the bread has dissolved into the soup, about 10 minutes.
- With a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Whisk in the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and serve.
- Garnish with parsley.