Top Review by pyrlgyrl
I made this for my super picky eater. I added shredded carrots Which were a great added texture. She loved it. I used no boil noodles and her favorite plain marina sauce. I used a smaller deeper casserole dish which worked wonderful.
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon spices (it calls for Baby Bam)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups homemade pasta sauce (it calls for Recipe #220831) or 5 cups store-bought pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a large wooden spoon, stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese, the Baby Bam, salt, parsley, basil, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1 cup of the Best Basic Red Sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise in the dish. The noodles should not overlap or touch one another.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the ricotta. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top layer of tomato sauce. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese .
- Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour .
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and discard the aluminum foil. Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.