1/2 Photos of Emeril's 1-2-3 Lasagna (Lasagne) for Kids
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon spices (it calls for Baby Bam)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups homemade pasta sauce (it calls for Emeril's Basic Sauce for Lasagna) or 5 cups store-bought pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, using a large wooden spoon, stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese, the Baby Bam, salt, parsley, basil, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- 3Spread 1 cup of the Best Basic Red Sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise in the dish. The noodles should not overlap or touch one another.
- 4Spoon 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the ricotta. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top layer of tomato sauce. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese .
- 5Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil.
- 6Bake, covered, for 1 hour .
- 7Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and discard the aluminum foil. Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 8Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's 1-2-3 Lasagna (Lasagne) for Kids
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 1505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: