Emeril's 1-2-3 Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 5 cups spaghetti sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef over medium heat, drain fat.
- Season with some salt, pepper, and some Essence to taste).
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl fold together the ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, 1/2 cup grated mozzarella, 1/2 tsp Essence, 1/2 tsp salt, parsley, basil, and b1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart (13 by 9 by 2-inch) casserole.
- Lay 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise down the dish.
- The noodles should not touch one another. Spoon 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella evenly over the ricotta.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, for a total of 4 layers of noodles.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella over the top layer of tomato sauce, and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil, and bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, and remove the aluminum foil.
- Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
I read lots of excellent reviews of this on the Food Network. I made this for a small dinner party and it worked out great! I did make Emeril's spaghetti sauce. This made an impressive tall piece (3 inches) and cut neatly. I used San Giorgio rippled lasagna noodles (uncooked) and they cooked up nice without being dry (I never took the foil off during cooking). Thanks HeatherFeather for posting! Roxygirl