Ale'd Pork and Sauerkraut
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer (or ale)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder (or pork butt roast)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place sauerkraut in sow cooker. Sprinkle sugar evenly over sauerkraut; pour beer over all. Place pork, fat side up, on top or sauerkraut mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover; cook on HIGH 6 hours.
- Remove pork to serving platter. Remove sauerkraut with slotted spoon; arrange around pork. Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 cup cooking liquid over sauerkraut, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this was good but then we tried it adding 1 # rinsed sauerkraut 2 Granny Smith apples quartered seeded peeled and putting those ingredients on the bottom of the pan and placing the Pork Butt fat side up and roasting at 300 degrees until pork reads 150 f turning the oven off then and let sit 5 minutes in oven take out and cover for 15 minutes so your temp is just under 160 melt in your mouth goodness yes mashed taters too!