Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe from Emeril Lagasse is for lovers of spicy foods and deviled eggs. It's a change from the usual plain deviled eggs. Cooking time does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I had specifically chosen this recipe for my dad who loves deviled eggs. My intent was to serve them as part of our Thanksgiving meal however; I decided I better hold off as there would be no room for them in the fridge should there be any leftovers. Well, I made them today (a couple days late for the November swap) and am pleased to report there were no leftovers. My dad thoroughly enjoyed the eggs although he and I both thought they really did not have much spice...just a little extra zip. My mom on the other hand felt they were too spicy. With that said, I will be making the recipe again in the future, but when making them for my dad, I will be adding a bit more jalapeno peppers and extra hot pepper sauce. Great deviled egg recipe- thank you for sharing. Made and reviewed for the 82nd AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 12 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard, plus
- 2 teaspoons creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper, plus
- 1 teaspoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks from the eggs. Push the yolks through a fine sieve or cut up and combine in a bowl with mayonnaise,, Creole mustard, jalapenos, Creole seasoning or Essence, cayenne pepper, and red pepper sauce. Mix together. Spoon into the egg white halves.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Before serving, sprinkle with paprika.