Recipe by hels
This was created when I had nothing in my cupboard apart from an onion, pasta, tomato sauces and seasonings. The ketchup gives it a slightly more interesting taste than just watering down the concentrate. Dried herbs = mixed herbs = sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano and parsley
Top Review by kellymbrown
For what this is, it is definitely a winner. I had some leftover pasta for lunch, and didn't want to open an entire jar of sauce just for one serving. I used tomato paste, italian seasoning and added a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder as well. Cheap and easy, thanks!
- 1 tablespoon double concentrate tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- any other seasoning (eg salt, pepper,...)
- 1⁄2 onion
- grated cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tomato puree and ketchup in a cup.
- Half fill the cup with water and make sure that it's mixed to a smooth paste.
- Add herbs, paprika and other seasonings.
- chop onions into small pieces and fry until starting to turn golden.
- Add tomato mixture and leave to simmer while cooking pasta.
- Strain pasta& put on plate.
- Add sauce and cheese.
- Melt cheese under grill and serve.