1/2 Photos of Emaw's Salmon Patty Project
Emaw is my mother and we have been on a quest to get her recipes on paper. She gets a real kick out of them being here. She is kind of bossy about the instructions but she has your best interests at heart and wants you to enjoy her recipes, lol. These are one of my favorite things she has made all my life, they are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup grits (if unable to find use more corn meal)
- 1/2 cup course ground cornmeal (use more meal if too moist)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Empty salmon, juice and all into mixing bowl.
- 2Add egg, flour, salt and black pepper.
- 4Add grits and corn meal, mix again.
- 5Should be medium dry.
- 6Add baking powder, mix.
- 7Form into 8 patties.
- 8Pour about 1 inch of oil into a thick bottom fry pan (Emaw uses cast iron).
- 9Heat oil to medium hot.
- 10Fry until golden brown.
- 11Drain on paper towels before serving.
- 12I like homemade tartar sauce with mine!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emaw's Salmon Patty Project
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 438.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.9 g