1/7 Photos of Elvis Presley's Favorite Whipping Cream Pound Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe appeared in Our local newspaper about 20 years ago. The recipe comes from an old lady who was a dear friend of Elvis. She made this cake for him every Christmas and on special occasions. She made the paper promise to keep her name anonymous for fear that people would deluge her Tupelo Mississippi home with requests by fans to make her cakes for them.
My Private Note
Ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- 2Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter.
- 3Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream, then the other half of the flour.
- 5Add Vanilla.
- 6Pour into prepared pan.
- 7Set in COLD oven and turn heat to 350ºF.
- 8Bake 1 hour to 70 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted in cake turns out clean.
- 9Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
- 11Wrapped well, this cake will keep for several days.
- 12Note: while the original recipe did not suggest this, when I'm in the mood for something different I will add a teaspoon or two of orange or lemon extract for a lemon or orange pound cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elvis Presley's Favorite Whipping Cream Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.9
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 264.5 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 75.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g