Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe years ago from a woman in one of my education classes. Since then I have been making them every year for my Christmas cookies plate. Note: If made as follows, expect a very thin crispy cookie. I usually add 1/3 cup of flour to make the cookies a little chewier. Either way, they taste great!!!!!
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- Combine flour, oatmeal, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with non stick spray) and form dough into balls, spaced about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350.
- Cool on wax paper. Store in refrigerator for best serving results.
- (Have faith if they appear to melt into each other while baking -- Simply cut out original shapes with a knife or spatula while cooling.).