In ' Comfort Food Fix' by Ellie Krieger
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves, finely chopped (2 oz.)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 thin slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese (2 oz. total)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, spinach, bell pepper, carrot, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, and black pepper.
- 3Place the bread on a baking sheet, divide the tuna among the 4 pieces of bread, and top each with a slice of cheese.
- 4Bake until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread are toasted, 6-8 minutes.
- 5290 calories per serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ellie Krieger's Garden Tuna Melt
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 566.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra-sharp cheddar cheese