- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves, finely chopped (2 oz.)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 thin slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese (2 oz. total)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, spinach, bell pepper, carrot, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, and black pepper.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, divide the tuna among the 4 pieces of bread, and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread are toasted, 6-8 minutes.
- 290 calories per serving.