Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend gave me this recipe. I serve it with twice-baked potatoes and a salad made with mixed greens.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 firm red apples, peeled,cored,cut into 1/3 inch thick wedges
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons orange flavored honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter with oil in skillet on medium high heat.
- Add apples and saute until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add liqueur and bring to a boil.
- Add broth, 2 tablespoons parsley, honey and orange peel.
- Simmer until liquid is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Position rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle pork with salt& pepper, to taste.
- Arrange pork chops on baking sheet or broiler pan.
- Broil until pork is no longer pink on inside, about 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to plates.
- Spoon hot sauce over pork.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons parsley over top.