Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been asked to make chicken salad for a reception for 200. I tried many recipes to make sure that I had the best. I think this one is at the top!
- 3 lbs cooked chicken breasts, cut up in chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 lb red seedless grapes
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 -3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 -3 cups slivered almonds, lightly toasted (save 1/2 for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Toss and chill several hours.
- Spoon onto lettuce beds & top with remaining almonds.
Mmm...good! I scaled the recipe to a third of the quantity, used a 12oz can of chicken breast (Kirkland brand), omitted the water chestnuts (husband doesn't care for them), and added red onion for zing. I used the full amount of soy sauce and lemon juice (we like saucy/pungent), but only a heaping teaspoon of curry. It made a wonderful sandwich on multigrain bran and leftovers were delicious on cottage cheese.