Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is a different scrambled eggs that looks very nice on a brunch buffet or for a quick dinner option. To take these to the next level of elegance, top each serving with a dab of sour cream and some caviar.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives or 4 tablespoons scallions
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set tofu to drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until.
- Add bell pepper, carrot, broccoli, cumin, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place tofu in a bowl and mash with a fork to break it up into curds.
- Add to the pan, gently stirring until heated through.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped chives or scallions.