Recipe by Chef Kate
From the Prince Edward Island Potato Board, a lovely Canadian version of Hasselback potatoes.
Top Review by Wildflour
These are WONDERFUL potatoes!!!!!!!!!!! And SO ELEGANT looking with almost no fuss at all!!!!!!! HIGHLY recommend, especially for company!!! :) The only teensy thing I did different, was I used that Sargento 5-Blend Mexican cheese, love that stuff! And used 2 bamboo skewers on each side of the potatoes as a cutting guide. They work even better than wooden spoons, because you can get even closer to the bottom without cutting too far! :) TY so very much for sharing this AWESOME recipe!!!!!!! :) :) :)
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or thyme)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut, crosswise, into thin slices, using the handle of a wooden spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way through.
- Put potatoes in a baking dish; fan slightly. Drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and herbs.
- Bake potatoes in 425°F (220°C) oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and cheeses are melted.