P.E.I. Potato Pudding
Prince Edward Island, Canada's tiniest province, is famous for its potatoes. This is an old fashioned dish; the recipe is from a Mme. Benoit cookbook, and she gives credit to "Dolly", her hostess in Summerside, PEI.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 cups coarsely shredded raw potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced raw onion
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory (marjoram can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350F; generously butter a medium-sized casserole dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, onions, carrots, salt, pepper and savory; stir in the cream.
- Place in prepared casserole dish and dot top with butter.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a golden crust has formed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation