Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by a sauce recipe taken from Cuisine at Home Magazine, this robust and pungent chimichurri is great with anything cooked on the grill. The electric green color radiates and is an appropriate foreshadowing of the flavors packed into this tangy, flavorful sauce. Use as a marinade, baste, or sauce on the side.
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt, to taste
- Chop fresh parsley and add to food processor.
- Add pressed garlic and remaining ingredients for the chimichurri sauce to a food processor. Blend for a few seconds until parsley is finely chopped.
- Use as a marinade, baste, or sauce on the side. Serve in a small molcajete or ramekin.
Made this last weekend and it was a huge hit!