Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One thing (there are many) that I miss in California...was the El Pollo Loco Chicken places!! I found this recipe on a copy cat site! I serve this with warm tortillas and salsa!!
- 3⁄4 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- For marinade, mix all ingredients, except chicken, together.
- Add chicken and marinate for 4-24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Cook chicken on a hot grill for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve with tortillas and salsa.
- Time does not include marinating.
Info from someone who works at EPL, one of their "secret" ingredients is pineapple juice. Hope this helps.
El Pollo Loco has Lime in it somewhere
I love El Pollo Loco chicken and is one of the things I miss most now that I live in the Midwest. I have tried this recipe and although it is VERY good, it is not the true marinade recipe for El Pollo Loco. I give it 3 stars because it does add good flavor to the chicken, but it is mislabled as El Pollo Loco.