1/1 Photo of Egyptian Toasted Pine Nut Couscous With Garlic Shrimp
1 hr 5 mins
A delicious way to use shrimp. Posted for Zaar Worid Tour III
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or celery salt)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) package couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Peel, devein and rinse shrimp if needed, and then pat dry.
- 2Place shrimp in a large self-sealing plastic bag.
- 3Add oil, garlic, tarragon, thyme and Old Bay seasoning and seal bag.
- 4Gently turn and 'massage' the bag to coat the shrimp with the marinade.
- 5Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- 6Prepare the couscous according to the package directions, substituting the chicken broth for the water.
- 7Stir the pine nuts and onions into the couscous and set aside.
- 8Combine the lemon juice and butter in a bowl, and set aside.
- 9Saute the shrimp in a large skillet with the marinade over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns opaque( Do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough).
- 10Pour half of the butter over the shrimp.
- 11To serve, divide the spinach among individual bowls.
- 12Spoon the couscous onto the spinach.
- 13Arrange the shrimp on the couscous and pour the remaining lemon butter over everything. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan.
Browse Our Top Egyptian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egyptian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Toasted Pine Nut Couscous With Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.8
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.7 mg
- Sodium 1019.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning