Recipe by M D A
Found this on food network, after extensive looking. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do.
Top Review by UmmBinat
I thought I would make my own rice flour knowing it would be a bit grainy but I ended up using fine store bought rice flour because I couldnt grind the rice much at all in the blender I used. I added extra cardamom pods out of a preference. I also used powdered whole milk with water but would not recommend that as it had it's own particular flavour which I didn't like so much so I rated this 5 stars based on my guess of the taste with regular milk. This looks lovely and I would make this again with normal milk and the additional cardamom and less rose water.
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 cups milk
- 2 whole green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 3 tablespoons rose water
- chopped pistachios, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice flour and sugar and add to a saucepan containing the milk.
- Slowly bring to a boil whisking vigorously for about 2 minutes, taking care not to scorch the mixture.
- Add cardamom and saffron and continue stirring for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat, and add rosewater.
- Pour pudding into individual serving glasses and let cool completely.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Top surface completely with finely chopped pistachios and serve.