Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is another easy and quick breakfast casserole. Dave really liked this one.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) canoriginal rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 10 inch pie plate.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack, cottage cheese, butter, flour, baking powder, salt and Rotel tomatoes.
- Pour into the baking dish, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with salsa.
You did it again, Nimz, another great dish. It reminds me of Huevo Rancheros. The Rotel/green chilies really gives the dish a nice kick and makes this so special compared to other breakfast dishes. I loved how easy it is to prepare too. I'm putting a copy of it in our motorhome as it will be VERY convenient to make while traveling. Good job, Nimz!
I make something quite similar to this (http://www.food.com/recipe/chili-cheese-souffle-rellenos-al-reves-390051), that I serve either as an entree or as an hors d'oeuvre. My version makes a significantly larger quantity; however, this is perfect as a 4-person entree -- or in our case, 2 people over 2 nights! Wonderful flavor, especially when topped with an interesting salsa! Thanks for posting. By the way, works fine with low-fat cottage cheese, if you want to cut a few calories.