Recipe by loof
Delicious way to serve eggplant!
Top Review by Chef jo 29
I modified this recipes slightly...I didn't have american cheese so I used cheddar. I also added minced chives and a dash of cayenne pepper. It turned out delicious! I used Jujubegirl's idea of the immersion blender and it was quick and easy!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare and cube the eggplant. Boil in salted water for 15 minutes. Drain well and mash.
- Add eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, and 3/4 cup cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend well and put in a greased casserole dish.
- Mix crackers and melted butter and sprinkle on top of casserole. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.