Recipe by Nancy's Recipes
It takes a little time and patience to prepare this dish, but it's good when suddenly one person out of your party is vegetarian and you are running out of ideas. Non veggies like it too, ask my husband! I goes good as starter or main dish.
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 50 g parsley
- 50 g hazelnuts or 50 g pine nuts
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, cut in slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise, around 2 cm thick. Season it with salt and leave aside for half hour.
- Warm up the oven to 175°C
- Warm up a grill pan, dry the eggplant and spray the oil over and grill till they are gold brown.
- Blend the tomatoes and the parsley, the nuts and a little bit of oil (that of the tomatoes) till you get a consistent pasta.
- Prepare an oven dish (you can do it on individual dishes or all slices in a big one) with butter and lay on it the eggplant slices, spread the tomato pasta over, top with another eggplant slice, repeat one more time. Top off with the mozzarella slices.
- Bring it to the oven and bake for around 25 minutes or until the cheese is brownish melted.
- Goes good with rice or french bread if served as starter.