1/1 Photo of Eggplant Caviar With Tapenade
An adapted recipe that originated from Hotel Maison de Ville, New Orlean, Louisiana. This is a dream for eggplant and olive lovers--like me. Can be used as an appetizer, light lunch or supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- French bread, sliced toasted
- 1To make Tapenade: mix together all the ingredients and set aside.
- 2To make caviar: Prick the eggplant with a fork several times.
- 3Put eggplant on a baking sheet.
- 4Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until skin starts to darken and pulp feels soft.
- 5Let eggplant cool.
- 6Peel the eggplant and chop into coarse chunks.
- 7In a large bowl, mix together the chopped eggplant and the next 9 ingredients.
- 8Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 9Serve the caviar with tapenade and toasted french bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Caviar With Tapenade
Serving Size: 1 (916 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 668.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g